Yearly memberships in OCRA run from January 1st to December 31st.
There shall be four types of membership in this Association, and they are as follows:
(1) Professional Member. ($80/year) A Professional Member is any reputable and competent shorthand reporter who is actively working in an official (court) position, a freelance reporter, CART provider, or captioner, so long as the reporter is properly licensed in this state and maintaining current certification.
(2) Associate Member. ($20/year) Associate membership may be granted to any teacher of court reporting within the state of Oklahoma or to a student of court reporting within the state of Oklahoma or any other person whose field of expertise is directly related to court reporting
NOTE: At this time membership for students is free.
(3) Retired Member. (Free) A reporter who retires from the active practice of verbatim stenographic reporting is eligible to become a retired member of this Association.
(4) Honorary Member. (Free) An Honorary Member can be any person recognized for their contributions to the profession of verbatim stenographic reporting. They may, with Association recommendation, become an Honorary Member and need not be a licensed, practicing reporter to be thus designated.
- A skilled lobbyist to represent your profession.
- Right to vote at the annual meeting on important issues concerning our profession.
- Participation in the decision-making process of your state association.
- Membership discounts for seminar registration.
- Free listing in the OCRA Membership Directory and on the website.
- Opportunity to hold an office on the OCRA Board or volunteer for a committee.
- A website maintained on behalf of the Association and its members.
- Assistance from NCRA on state association issues.
- Sponsorship of an annual student scholarship.