To encourage active students and to help offset costs, OCRA awards an annual scholarship to be paid toward a court reporting student’s tuition.
Eligibility requirements are:
- The student must be enrolled in a court reporting program and be a resident of the state of Oklahoma.
- The student must have passed at least one test at 120 words per minute at 95% accuracy.
- The student must submit a short essay on a topic as provided by OCRA, containing no less than 350 words, nor more than 500 words. Essays will be judged on originality, content, spelling and punctuation.
- The student must possess all qualities exemplified by a professional court reporter, including professional attitude, demeanor, dress, and motivation, and the student must have an exemplary attendance record.
- All criteria must be confirmed and verified by the submitting court reporting program.